Texas Health Resources, a 2013 Dallas Business Journal Best Places to Work (ranked #1), a 2013 Texas Award for Performance Excellence recipient and 2014 Healthiest Employer in North Texas by Dallas Business Journal, is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States. The Texas Health system includes the Texas Health Presbyterian, Texas Health Arlington Memorial and Texas Health Harris Methodist family of hospitals in the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area. We have a total of 4,100 licensed hospital beds, employ more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and count more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health is in search of PRN Speech Therapists to join our Rehab Teams at select facilities in the greater Ft. Worth area.
View our current openings and apply today @ http://bit.ly/1gLi6Ld
***Texas Health requires an online application for each position of interest ***
- Obtain/verify physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness
- Review available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family
- Ensure that patient has given informed consent to treatment
- Evaluate each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements
- Integrate assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritize care needs with patient and family
- Sets appropriate measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences
- Determine plan for care, or appropriate therapeutic intervention to achieve stated goals
- Initiate therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunitieswith equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
- 2013 Texas Award for Performance Excellence (TAPE) from Quality Texas Foundation, being the only health care entity selected and the largest health system to be recognized in the award’s 20-year history
- Selected as the 2013 Enterprise HIMSS Davies Award Winner
- In 2013, named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation's "Most Wired" health care systems for the 13th time in 15 years
- 2014 Healthiest Employer in North Texas by Dallas Business Journal (ranked #1 for the 2nd consecutive year )
- A 2013 Dallas Business Journal Best Places to Work (ranked #1) and 2013 Dallas Morning News Top 100 Places to Work (ranked #5)
- 2013 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health (marking the fourth year THR has received this award)
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
- Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
- Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
- On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: “Speech Therapy”, “Speech Therapist”, SLP, “Speech Language Pathologist”, “Speech Pathologist”, “Speech / Language Pathologist”, “Speech and Language Therapist”, “Speech - Language Pathologist”,