A passion for making lives better.
Mercy Health System and Rockford Health System have joined forces to become Mercyhealth, a vertically integrated, not-for-profit multi-regional health system serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin with five hospitals, over 80 primary and specialty center locations, post-acute retail services and a wholly owned and operated insurance company. Every day we strive to provide the best possible experience to every patient we serve...every life we touch. Our passion for making lives better drives us to continually expand our services and locations, hire the best people and provide the highest quality care every day. This is our passion. A passion for making lives better. We are seeking a talented individual to join us as our new:
Full-time, Mon. - Fri.
Opportunities in Two Locations:
These professionals will evaluate and develop physical therapy treatment plans for patients suffering from injuries, neurological conditions, or diseases of the muscle, nerve, joint and bone. Responsibilities will include restoring strength, movement and function; relieving pain; and preventing disability. We allow our Physical Therapists to focus on patient care and support growth and development of specialty programs in our rehabilitation areas.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the physician's referral, patient's condition, patient history, and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required.
- Testing and measuring strength, balance, range of motion, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and recording findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Administering manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Instructing, motivating, and assisting patients to perform physical activities and in the use of assistant and supportive devices.
- Administering treatments involving application of physical agents.
- Evaluating effects of treatments and making adjustments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Performing manual therapy treatments, including soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization.
- Recording treatment, response, and progress in the patient's chart or on a computer.
- Instructing patients and families regarding procedures to be continued at home.
- Conferring with physicians and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in the treatment plan, and integrate physical therapy with other aspects of care.
- Orienting, instructing, and directing assistants, technicians, athletic trainers, and students.
- Participating in the development of community education and/or promotional programs.
- Participating in the PI and CQI process.
- Bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree from an accredited physical therapy program.
- Current license to practice physical therapy in WI or eligible.
In addition to opportunities to learn, grow, and advance, Mercyhealth offers health and dental insurance, vacation, matched retirement savings, and more.
Apply at: MercyHealthSystem.org